I approach each case with the goal of supporting the litigation team through the entire litigation process, including discovery, motion practice, trial and appeal. This requires me to collaborate closely with the lead attorney to formulate, research and articulate well-reasoned, persuasive arguments for our clients. I consider my knowledge of the procedural aspects of litigation and my extensive experience in research and writing to be the assets I contribute to our litigation practice.
Complex Civil Litigation
My work in complex civil litigation involves supporting litigation attorneys as necessary in understanding the issues involved, legal research, and drafting documents for all aspects of the litigation process, including motions, discovery responses, and briefs.
Medical Malpractice Defense
My work in medical malpractice litigation involves supporting litigation attorneys in the defense of health care providers. I have fifteen years of experience in the medical malpractice field.
Professional Licensing Actions
My work in matters related to professional licensing actions requires me to support litigators with my knowledge of Vermont professional licensing procedures and regulations.
- Served as a judicial law clerk for the Rutland County trial courts in Rutland, VT.
- Clerked in Maine for the Cumberland and Kennebec County Superior Courts.
- Chittenden Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Vermont chapter in the American Bar Association Survey of State Class Action Law (the survey is updated and published annually and automatically re-published in Chapter 5 of Newberg on Class Actions)
- The Vermont chapter in The Appellate Practice Compendium, published by the American Bar Association and Council of Appellate Lawyers
- Co-Author of the Professional Liability chapter of the Vermont Guide to Health Care Law, published by the Vermont Medical Society