My goal is to provide clients with practical solutions to mitigate legal and financial risk so they can get on with running their business or developing their project. As a transactional attorney, I strive to add value for my clients by helping to manage future and present risk in a cost-effective manner. I pride myself on being responsive and finding the right solution for each client regardless of their size, experience, or the scope of their legal needs.
I advise companies on legal issues impacting their business, including structuring and closing strategic mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, capital raising and financing transactions, corporation and limited liability company formation, commercial contracts, leasing, and tax planning. I also counsel clients on employment and consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, and the structuring of incentive compensation arrangements. My clients range from entrepreneurial startups to mature companies.
Renewable Energy Transactions
I represent investors, developers, and owners in the financing, construction, and development of renewable energy projects. I have experience structuring projects to use tax equity investment and commercial financing and can draft and negotiate power purchase, interconnection, EPC and O&M agreements, partnership agreements, and commercial loan agreements. I have worked on some of the largest and most innovative solar, wind, storage, and biomass facilities located on the East Coast and beyond.
Entrepreneurs and Investors
I represent entrepreneurs and founders in forming and structuring their companies, including raising capital via equity rounds, convertible notes, angel investments, and venture capital. I assist with tax planning, protection of intellectual property and equity incentive compensation (including stock options and restricted stock) and consistently provide regulatory advice on state and federal securities laws and federal trade commission rules and regulations.
I advise non-profit organizations with respect to formation, governance, and tax. Existing clients range from emerging grassroots organizations to some of the state’s largest educational, health care, and philanthropic institutions.
- Represented solar developer in financing and sale for a portfolio of community solar facilities in
- Represented startup technology firm in multiple capital raises including compliance with state and federal securities
- Represented a Vermont craft beverage companies in formation, capital raising, and regulatory compliance.
- Represented individual in the stock purchase, and relocation to Vermont, of a specialty sporting goods and apparel company.
- Represented one of the largest ski resort operators in North America in its purchase of the assets of a major Vermont ski resort and associated real
- Prior to joining Dinse, served as a law clerk for the Vermont trial courts in Chittenden and Addison Counties (2005- 2006).
- Leadership Champlain, Board Member (2014 – 2020)
- Generator, Board Member (2016 – present)
- Chittenden County Bar Association, Treasurer (2014-2019); President (2020)
- Outstanding Client Advocacy Award
- Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resource Law
- Vermont (2005)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont (2010)