I view myself as a partner to my clients; my goal is to help them achieve their business objectives in compliance with the law. Whether a client has a simple compliance question or is facing a complex challenge that requires a creative solution, I strive to provide thorough, high quality and prompt assistance. My priority is to thoroughly understand a client’s situation in order to provide truly relevant counsel, and to tailor my approach to accommodate the unique culture, objectives and operations of their institution.
I help employers maintain compliance with federal and state employment laws while simultaneously achieving business objectives. I assist employers with internal audits of their employment practices, work with employers to implement preventative measures to avoid litigation and help them develop and implement appropriate policies and procedures. I also conduct independent workplace investigations, and provide compliance training on a broad spectrum of employment-related topics.
I have defended employers in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies. I have represented employers in a broad spectrum of cases, including cases involving claims of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, breach of contract, defamation, wage and hour issues, and violations of non-competition agreements.
- Prior to Dinse, served as a staff attorney with the Vermont Department of Labor with a focus on wage and hour compliance and workers’ compensation issues.
- Vermont Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management
- Member, Vermont Human Resources Association
- Member, Employment Law Alliance
- Member, Employers Counsel Network
- Member, National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Chambers USA – Labor & Employment
- Best Lawyers – Litigation – Labor and Employment and Employment Law Management
- Vermont (1998)
- Maryland (1997)