I am a business lawyer. I became a business lawyer because I like to solve problems and to simplify complex issues. If I can help my clients get back to running their business, then I feel like I’ve done my job.
Business Planning & Intellectual Property
I advise all sorts and sizes of businesses, from start-ups to publicly held companies, on issues related to formation, mergers and acquisitions, raising capital, technology licensing, trademarks and copyrights. I have particular experience representing software companies and purchasers in negotiating software implementation, license, hosting and support agreements.
I also work extensively with higher education and healthcare clients in connection with their business matters and their financings with tax-exempt bonds.
- From 1999 through 2002, I worked as an in-house lawyer at IDX Systems Corporation, its ChannelHealth subsidiary and Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc., a Chicago based healthcare information technology vendor that acquired ChannelHealth.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- NECHE Commissioner
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Best Lawyers
- New England Super Lawyers
- Chambers USA, Chambers & Partners