Relying on over three decades of experience I am able to quickly identify issues, analyze risk and provide potential solutions to clients in an efficient manner. I strive to provide pragmatic and creative advice in a responsive time frame. I avoid over-lawyering and utilize our highly performing associates and paralegals to complete projects on time and in a cost-effective manner.
Commercial Real Estate Transactions
I assist my clients in real estate transfers, leasing, financing and conserving property. I represent banks and secured lenders in real estate and asset based financing transactions including those involving new market tax credits and low income housing tax credits. I am the principal drafter of the form documents used by one of Vermont’s largest banks for its real estate based commercial loans. I provide advice to banks and other lenders regarding doing business in Vermont and law affecting lending activities in Vermont. I also counsel private, state and national land conservation organizations in connection with acquisitions and sales of properties and conservation easements.
- Represented buyers of Vermont’s largest ski resort, Vermont’s most extensive private timber holdings, and multi-site telecommunication and solar facilities.
- Represented some of the country’s largest commercial lenders in a number of real estate based transactions, including hotels, manufacturing facilities, commercial office buildings and residential developments.
- Represented national utility company in Vermont real estate matters in connection with project bid to construct power grid from Quebec to Massachusetts.
- Co-founder and former owner of Vermont’s first commercial vineyard, Snow Farm Winery, South Hero VT.
- Prior to joining Dinse, practiced with Sonnenschein, Nath & Rosenthal in New York City.
- Board of Directors, King Street Center (2016-2018)
- Trustee, Vermont Land Trust (2010-present)
- Board of Regents, American College of Mortgage Attorneys (2005-2013)
- Fellow, State Chair, American College of Mortgage Attorneys (2000-present)
- Board of Directors, South Hero Land Trust (2002-2006)
- Capital Drive Team, South Hero Land Trust (2001)
- Vermont Community Development Venture Capital Fund Advisory Board (1998-99)
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- Chambers USA, Chambers & Partners (Real Estate, Band 1)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Vermont (1990)
- United States District Court for the District of Vermont (2010)
- New York (1987)