I regularly serve as lead trial counsel in defending medical malpractice and personal injury actions on behalf of physicians, hospitals and corporate entities. I have extensive jury trial experience, having tried numerous cases to verdict. My goal is to be a champion for my client’s cause by putting my experience to work towards a favorable result, and striving to achieve what is best for my client at every turn. If a matter can be resolved efficiently, I will take that route. Ultimately, I seek to provide the type of legal work that I would expect if I was in my client’s position: highly competent, thoroughly prepared, and responsive, with substantial experience and a track record of sound judgment.
Medical Malpractice Defense
My primary work involves defending physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare providers in medical malpractice and wrongful death actions in both state and federal courts.
Personal Injury Defense
I regularly defend corporate entities in cases involving a wide range of personal injuries.
Professional Licensing Actions
I represent physicians and other healthcare providers in actions involving claims of unprofessional conduct before state medical and nursing boards.
- Successfully obtained jury trial verdict in favor of surgeon accused of consumer fraud arising out of care and treatment of patient.
- Secured favorable jury trial verdict on behalf of hospital in action involving an alleged breach of medical privacy.
- Achieved dismissal of wrongful death action on behalf of physician and hospital based on an alleged failure to timely diagnose ovarian cancer.
- Obtained dismissal of medical malpractice action on behalf of hospital involving claim of inadequate psychiatric treatment.
- Successfully represented physician in Board of Medical Practice matter involving an alleged medication dosing error.
- Successfully represented surgeon in Board of Medical Practice matter arising out of an alleged error during surgical procedure.
- Before joining Dinse, I served as a Deputy State’s Attorney for the Chittenden County State’s Attorneys’ Office, prosecuting sexual assaults and crimes against children.
- Prior to serving as a prosecutor, I worked as an Assistant Attorney General for the Vermont Attorney General’s office where I argued before the Vermont Supreme Court numerous times.
- American Law Institute
- American Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association
- Chittenden County Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Tri-State Defense Lawyers Association
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit