Best Lawyers Recognizes Fourteen Dinse Attorneys
The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 (Copyright 2012 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.) in twenty different practice areas. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
The practice areas and the attorney(s) listed in each area are as follows:
- Commercial Litigation: Ritchie E. Berger, Samuel Hoar, Jr., Karen McAndrew
- Corporate Compliance: David Gurtman
- Corporate Governance Law: Brian Murphy
- Corporate Law: Jeffrey J. McMahan, Brian R. Murphy
- Employment Law – Management: Amy M. McLaughlin, Jeffrey J. Nolan
- Immigration Law: Leigh Polk Cole
- Insurance Law: Barbara E. Cory
- Litigation – Construction: Karen McAndrew
- Litigation – Environmental: Samuel Hoar, Jr.
- Litigation – Intellectual Property: Shapleigh Smith, Jr.
- Litigation – Labor & Employment: Amy M. McLaughlin
- Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants: Ritchie E. Berger, Samuel Hoar, Jr.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law: Brian R. Murphy
- Non-Profit / Charities Law: Brian R. Murphy
- Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants: Ritchie E. Berger, Samuel Hoar, Jr., Karen McAndrew
- Product Liability Litigation – Defendants: Shapleigh Smith, Jr.
- Real Estate Law: Austin D. Hart, Molly K. Lebowitz
- Tax Law: Mark A. Langan
- Technology Law: Jeffrey J. McMahan
- Trusts and Estates: Mark A. Langan
Dinse, Knapp & McAndrew, P.C., with offices in Burlington, Vermont and Plattsburgh, New York, is one of the oldest and largest law firms serving Vermont and the Adirondack Region of upstate New York. For over 95 years, the firm has served its clients in important cases, transactions and legal developments.