Katherine R. O'Neill
Areas of Practice Concentration:
Business Transactions, Higher Education, and Employment Law
Description of Practice:
Katherine (Kat) O’Neill joined the firm as an Associate in 2011, and was a Summer Associate at the firm in 2010.
Kat works with corporate, institutional, and individual clients to solve complex transactional and employment issues. Kat has lived in Vermont since 2001. While in law school, Kat worked as a law clerk at the Chittenden County State Attorney’s Office. Prior to law school, Kat worked with adolescents at the Centerpoint School in Winooski, Vermont, where she was a Counseling Teacher.
- Vermont Law School, J.D., 2011 cum laude
- Colgate University, B.A. 2000
- Deerfield Academy, 1996
- Vermont (2011)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Vermont Bar Association
- Member, Chittenden County Bar Association
- Member, National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA)
Selected Publications and Presentations:
- Vermont Employment Law Letter, "Telecommuting Pitfalls and Practice Pointers", April 2013.
- Guest Lecturer, Women’s Small Business Program Start-Up Course, “Legal Issues for Starting and Running a Small Business.” Burlington, VT, Fall 2012.
- Guest on WCAX The :30 news program, February 2012, discussing the rerelease of Legal Rights of Women in Vermont